History of the University of La Laguna
The Universidad de La Laguna (ULL) is the oldest institution of higher education learning in the Canary Islands, and it is possible to trace its history back more than 200 years. Its founding decree, signed by King Charles IV of Spain, is dated the 11th March 1792. Since that date, it has undergone changes and been known by different names until finally being given its current name in 1913.
Two hundred years after it was founded, the Universidad de La Laguna continues to be a beacon for society in the Canary Islands that, using the Atlantic as a bridge, has stretched out its hand to the rest of the world. Currently, this public institution is home to more than 25,000 individuals who are either students, academic or research staff, or administrative staff and service personnel.
The Higher Polytechnic School of Engineering is a reference center into the La laguna University in the engineering context. it has placed particular emphasis on renewable marine energies, agriculture or new maintenance strategies between other subjects.
The geographical position of Canary Islands in the Atlantic region places them between three continents, which means that, from a strategic point of view, the universities located on the islands are well placed to become important hubs of reference and flagships of knowledge and learning in the Atlantic.
More Information in: https://www.ull.es/en/the-university/history-mission-vision-values/
- Phone: +34 922316502 ext. 9428
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.ull.es/centros/escuela-politecnica-superior-de-ingenieria/