The Canarian Agency is a regional Agency in charge of the competences relating to public policies and public programs in research, technological development and innovation and deployment of information societies of Public Administration of the Autonomous Community of the Canary Islands, as well as subsidiaries thereof. In addition, this is the body responsible for ensuring the administrative coordination in matters assigned to it, in accordance with the guidelines agreed by the Coordinating Commission of Science, Technology and Innovation, the bodies and agencies of the Government Administration of the Autonomous Community of the Canary Islands, and between these bodies and other public entities, national and international authorities.
The agency presents functions in the following fields:
- Information society;
- Development of the human innovative capacity;
- Development of scientific and technological infrastructures; and
- Supporting the Commission of Science, Technology and Innovation of the Canary Islands Government.
The most important innovation activities are:
- The implementation of activities to support business innovation and technology-based entrepreneurship, through innovation center’s;
- The management of grants and subsidy programmes for the development of R&D projects, both technology and process and product, by the agents of the Canary system of science, technology and business, as well as the creation and consolidation of technology- based companies;
- The promotion of the Technology Park Network of the Canary Islands as well as the management of the programmes to stimulate this network;
- To provide assistance to the canary enterprises about the programmes to incorporate scientific staff, innovation agents, etc.;
- The management of intellectual property related to research and innovative technology-based activities; and
- The evaluation of the innovative activity and the penetration of knowledge-based economy in the Canary Islands.
Mr. Antonio López Gulías (male): Head of the Area of Coordination and Interrelation of Research, Innovation and Information Society. (ACIISI)
Antonio López Guliás is an industrial engineer with a master in Direction and Management of Public Administrations. He has taught in the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Antonio has also been the manager of the Innovation service of the Instituto Tecnológico de Canarias, S.A (ITC). He has been the Head of the Coordination and Link between Research, Innovation and Society services of the Canary Islands Government. Antonio López Gulías has coordinated numerous research, development and innovation projects.
C/ León y Castillo, 200
Edf. Servicios Múltiples III Planta 6ª
35071 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Phone: +34 928 45 83 35
Avda. Fco. La Roche, 35
Edf. Servicios Múltiples I Planta 7ª
38071 Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Phone: +34 922 922 861